Wednesday 4 August 2010

Drama Camp

This month I am teaching summer camps to kids at Gloria during the day. I am doing 3 weeks of songs and rhymes, and last week I put on a drama camp. This sounds kind of ridiculous as I have never taken part in any form of drama, but really what it came down to was me simplifying some plays and having my kids go wild. I did the true story of the three little pigs, Snow White, Goldilocks, and some fables with sock puppets. The last day I let the kids make up their own play. The story was about a zoo where the animals revolt against the mean zoo boss. Obviously the charge is headed by a king robot. Here are some pictures of their cuteness.

Everyday I had them make props for the play. They got very into it and were really creative.
Some of the kids before Snow White. The girl on the right is Snow White. Her mom watched the entire camp from the window and would come in at break time to give her daughter lectures on how to act better and to fix her costumes. The boy in the middle is the hunter - he has a quiver with arrows on his back. The boy on the left is the price. He has a sword and shield.
This girl was the 7 dwarfs. She had a face plate for each one.
Anna the turtle in the Zoo Fight (the play I let them make up).
Willy the Zoo Boss in jail.
No zoo is complete without a king robot.
Stuart the pet lion in the made up play.
One day I made my kids do a photo shoot. I think this was 'I found stinky tofu under my bed'.

3 comments:

  1. Did I tell you how much I love your blog???

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait i think i have some pictures like this such as "pretend that Alison farted" and "look like you found the tequila worm in your drink" among others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you usually don't have to pretend that i farted

    ReplyDelete