Monday 1 March 2010

Health Insurance!

I got my ARC (Taiwanese ID) the week before Chinese New Year, and was told that as soon as they submitted some forms I would have health insurance. Today when I went to get paid after my class (because I get paid in cash everyday...AMAZING!), they took out 400NT, about $13US to cover my health insurance for February AND March. Meaning I am now insured, and should be getting my insurance card any day. Once I get that, I can go to any doctor and pay only 150NT ($5US) for the entire visit. If i need a prescription I just shell out another 150NT, and it's mine! I plan on hitting up the dentist and the eye doctor promptly when I get my card.

As a side note, something I hear repeatedly in Taiwan is that drinking cold beverages is bad for you. Women claim if you don't drink cold water you won't get cramps, and at restaurants you have to specifically ask for ice in your drink. So maybe if I avoid cold drinks I won't have to use my insurance too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment