Tuesday 23 March 2010

Bust A Move

In a previous post I exposed you all to the glory that is Nobody by the Wonder Girls. There is another Korean jam that the Taiwanese are obsessed with called Sorry Sorry by Super Junior. Wikipedia has just informed me that with 15 members Super Junior is officially the worlds largest boy band, so eat your heart out backstreet boys. Here is a little youtube for your viewing pleasure:


This also has an easy distinct dance that little boys are crazy about. Last night I was teaching one of my favorite classes full of rambunctious and incredibly adorable kids when one of my students busted out the Sorry Sorry dance. At my request after class I was treated to an extended version. Luckily I happened to have my camera on hand, so here you go: William and Wayne, future dance superstars.


In the video you may notice that the boys don't start until I say 'go'. This is an amazing tool ingrained in these kids' heads from their very first few classes. The kids will wait for the command and then on cue either start playing a game or repeat the phrase you just said. For example I can say "My favorite color is red. Go!" And they will repeat it.

Sometimes I wish this would work in life outside of Gloria school. Hey mom, I would like some mac and cheese. Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment