Monday 22 March 2010

Da Vinci and Dinos

I returned to Taipei today with my friend Helen, and we decided to check out the DaVinci exhibit that is currently at the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall (http://www.davincithegenius.com/). It was a pretty amazing exhibit. They had copies of a lot of different DaVinci drawings, and then had models of the different inventions and designs. At the end of the exhibit was a Mona Lisa cut out to pose in. There was also place where you could become a virtual virturivan man.
After the Da Vinci exhibit we made our way to the dinosaur exhibit. There was very little English, but there were dinos that actually moved and spoke Chinese, so I was happy.
Leaving my footprint in Taiwan.
DaVinci and the dinos made us hungry, so after the exhibits we went to go find the Thai restaurant I went to with my mom over Chinese New Year. I was super bummed when the place looked closed, but an old man sitting out front with a beer called us over. He knocked on the window through the metal grate and told us to sit down and wait. After a few minutes there was movement inside, and the restaurant opened just to feed us. You can see that they only half opened the place, but the food was amazing.
Our Thai feast. This picture isn't great but I was too hungry to take a second shot.
Did you know that dinosaurs spoke Chinese?

No comments:

Post a Comment