Wednesday 9 December 2009

Poo Poo Platter

At the night market I learned that in Asia they have a special appreciation for poo. So I was delighted when I heard that right in my own city of Jhongli there is a restaurant called the Modern Toilet. And obviously I had to go ASAP. I went for lunch with two of my roommates, and it was everything I had dreamed of and more. The seats are toilets, the tables are bathtubs, and the food comes in little ceramic toilets. For an extra dollar you can even get your drink in a urinal that you get to take home with you! To top off the meal at the end you get soft serve ice cream in a bowl the shape of a Taiwanese squat toilet. Surprisingly the food was actually delicious and cheap, and no one judged when I took a million pictures.

The store front of the modern toilet. Very inconspicuous.
This place was like art.
One of the tables.
Sign for the bathroom. It was a classy establishment.
The seats at the table.
Food in a bathtub.
My meal in the toilet bowl. Thai coconut chicken. Or a steaming pile of poo.
The ice cream didn't taste very good, but at this point I didn't even care. This is what a lot of the toilets look like here.
Drinking green tea (or green pee?) from the urinal.
My roommate Lyndsey riding the toilet.
My roommate Ryan looking a wee bit constipated.
Taking my time.

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO jealous. You MUST send me these photos so I can hang them up. In my bathroom. That will be the FIRST place we go when I come to visit, no matter how tired I am.

    ReplyDelete