Sunday 25 July 2010

More of my Super Cute Students

In every class at Gloria we play lots of games to keep the kids attention. These can range from a dice game to a ball game to converted drinking games like flip cup. The desks in class are set up to make two distinct teams so after every game there is a winner and loser. The kids chant "winner winner, yeah yeah yeah! losers losers..." and then proceed to announce the punishment for the losing team. A lot of times the losers have to sing a song or do the chicken dance, but my personal favorite is a little thing called bumbum man. In bumbum man the winning team picks a vocab word and the losing team has to stand in front of the class and spell the word with their butts. Last week I managed to sneak my camera out without the kids knowing and got a video.


Here are a few more of my adorable little nuggets. Notice how they are trained at an early age to rock the peace sign in pictures.

This is Melody. She is itty bitty and has such a quiet voice that I can barely hear the words come out of her mouth. I think my sister Rose used to wear a pony tail like that when she was young.
This is Sandy. The day I came back from vacation she asked my co-teacher how to say "Where did you go? I missed you, I love you." in English. Now she comes up and hugs me before and after class. I almost can't handle how cute she it.
Howard is my youngest student, I think he is only 3 and is still learning to speak Chinese. When he says family it comes out more like bapabe.

1 comment: