Sunday 5 September 2010

Travels Commence

Yesterday was my last day of work, and I once again find myself unemployed and free! I had an amazing going away party last night and got to see all the people I love in Taiwan for one last wild night. Tomorrow I leave for my 2 months of backpacking through Southeast Asia. I am taking a quick break from packing up my room to gather my thoughts for the big trip. First of all, it's amazing how much you can accumulate in 9 months. I have SO much more than I came with, and I'm not sure where it all came from. I had to go buy an extra bag to fit all my new Asian clothing. Luckily leggins don't take up too much space in a bag.

I am getting kind of nervous for this trip, but I am so excited at the same time. I have all my plane tickets booked, and my lonely planet guide, and I just plan on exploring with very little plan. It's going to be such a great adventure, and I can't wait for it to begin.

I'm not sure what kind of internet access I will have during my trip, but I will try to post some updates here and on facebook. Here is a quick rundown of my plans:

Sept 6th - Fly to Korea. I will spend some time in Wonju with my Dad doing some hiking and site seeing. I will also spend a few days in Seoul and hopefully check out the DMZ - the no mans land between North and South Korea.

Sept 15th - Fly to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Saigon). Here I will meet up with Pam Peterson. We'll probably take a boat from Vietnam into Cambodia where we will check out Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Angor Wat).

Oct 2nd - Fly to Singapore. Here we will meet another friend, and after a day or two Pam will head back home.

Oct 5th - Fly to Kuala Lumpur in peninsular Malaysia. We will spend a few days in and around the city and then head up to the jungles of the Taman Negra.

Oct 13th - Fly to Kota Kinabalu on Borneo Malaysia. Again we will spend some time in the city but also hit up the jungle, the mountain, and the orangutan conservatory.

Oct 23rd - Fly to the Philippines. After a transfer in Manila we will fly down to Boracay and spend some quality time sitting on our butts on the beach.

Oct 30th - I head back to Taiwan to collect my bags and say goodbye to friends.

Nov 2nd - FLY HOME TO STATE COLLEGE!


It's going to be a pretty intense 2 months, and I hope it all goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment